Life Anglican Riverstone
What's the plan
To connect with and love your next-door neighbour by giving them a thoughtful gift.
This project is an easy way to let your next-door neighbour know that you're a Christian, and to tell them what church you are a part of. We hope you'll continue to pray for them, and that you'll have more opportunities to connect with them in the future!
Check out the vid for more info.
3x Glass Jars
- Jars need to be at least 1000ml to fit all the ingredients.
- 3 jars is the right number to start with - one for each of your surrounding neighbours!
- You can buy your own (we found some preserving jars at Kmart that work well, 3 for $5), or purchase them from us for the same price.
- If you purchase them from us, you can either pick them up from us, or we can try to deliver them to you.
Shopping List (For 3 Jars)
Here's everything you need to fill 3 jars.
- 800g plain flour (5 1/4 cups)
- Bicarb Soda (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- Salt (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 600g Choc Chips (4 1/2 cups)
- 550g brown sugar (2 1/4 cups)
- 300g white sugar (1 1/2 cups)
Making The Jar
If you're putting these together with kids, or need help from 3 professionals, put your jars together along with the Parker Family in their tutorial video!
Alternatively, you can scroll down to find written instructions.
- Mix 1 3/4 cups Plain Flour, 3/4 tsp Bicarb and 3/4 tsp Salt in a bowl. Once combined, pour into glass jar and pack down. (If you don't pack it down, it might not all fit!)
- Add 1 1/2 cups of Choc Chips to the jar. A 200g bag is slightly less than 1 1/2 cups, but is still enough to make it work.
- Pause and take a photo of you making it! We'd love to see it!
- Add 3/4 cup of Brown Sugar to the jar. Pack down.
- Add 1/2 cup of White Sugar to the jar.
- Print out the label (see next section), fill it out and stick it on with sticky tape.
- Feel free to add some twine or ribbon to make it pretty. (And maybe take another photo!)
You can download and print off the labels here.
We think it's a good idea to include your contact details so that your next-door neighbour can get in touch.
Share a Photo to Social Media
- Pray for your next-door neighbour!
- Put your mask on, walk to your next-door neighbours house, put the gift on the door step, ring the bell and step right back.
- If they open the door, feel free to say hi and tell them what you've done. Do your best to remember their name (if you don't already know it) so that you can reconnect with them later on.
- If they don't open the door, the best thing to do would be to take it back and try again another time.
How it works for your neighbour
Once your next-door neighbour has received the gift, they can scan the QR code, which will take them to:
They'll find a fun instruction video made by the Walmsley Family, as well as written instructions. Feel free to head to this website to make sure that it's not lame!